It gives us immense pleasure to announce the latest release of the Orangescrum Open Source base code.
Orangescrum Open source edition strengthens the project and task management capabilities for your teams. It allows for inclusive collaboration with unlimited projects, milestones, and tasks to be managed in an utmost transparent and productive manner.
The release consists of code & UI/UX improvements, bug fixes, and deprecation issues fixes.
The best thing about this release among others is the ability to directly invite/add users to Orangescrum without the SMTP setup. It saves you time and hassle of setting up email configuration to get your team on-board.
How to add users in the Orangescrum V1.8.0?
Click on “Add User” on the User list page. The revised pop-up has an additional field for “password”.
The admin can set a password of his choice and once he has successfully added the user, he can share the email id and password with the user to login.
The user can log in to the tool and change the password if he wishes to.
Note: Owner & Admins must note down the password before hitting the Add button.
SMTP Configuration is a MUST for all email notifications for daily catch-up, task updates, status changes, task comments & replies.
Preferred Linux OS – Centos 7, Ubuntu 18
Fixes covered in this release:
- Unable to Save a New Task Template
- Headers already sent warning fixes
- Table add-ons for model add-on were not found in data source default issue
- Invalid command ‘Header’
- Remove username from the drop-down
- Remove checkbox when no users are in the list from Add user popup
- Create task page layout changes
- My dashboard popup design changes
- Making the validation message throughout consistent
- Create a milestone button blink issue fixes while changing the list view or grid view
- Loader not removed after adding users
- Deprecation issue fixes
- Email Notification off on button design change
- Issue fixes in the add user to project popup
- Icon colors are not prominent in a new dropdown
- Filter box design changes after individual filters applied
- Deprecated warning message fixes in the footer, to-dos, task list, login form
- Base code invite user functionality removed, owner/admin can directly add users with email id and password
Get your team on-board, organize projects by breaking them down into manageable milestones and tasks & track them through to successful completion.
Orangescrum open source edition is built to scale with your organization and project needs. Moreover, it is the foundation of your enterprise project management platform.
Want to take things slow?
Not a problem. We have built a host of project management & productivity plugins to help you plan, execute, monitor and analyze your project delivery and team performance in a holistic manner.
Mix n Match the features you need, as and when you need them and enhance the overall project management experience for your teams and customers.
You cannot go wrong with any of our project management and collaboration features ranging from advanced task management, executive dashboards, time and resource management, bug and defect management, single sign-on or the revamped mobile app.
Start tracking projects with Orangescrum today!