Orangescrum is a simple project management and collaboration software which is available as open source and cloud edition.
It has been ranked in the top 5 project management software in open source for three consecutive years.
We would like to walk you through the steps needed when installing the latest version of this leading project management platform.
Before you install Orangescrum, make sure your system meets the following requirements
- RAM: minimum 2 GB
- Processor: Core2duo or Higher
- OS: Windows/Linux/Mac
- Disk Space: 10 GB or Higher
- Apache 2.4
- MySql: 5.6 or 5.7
- PHP: 7.2
- Wkhtmltopdf extension
- Apache with ‘mod_rewrite’
- Curl should be enabled
php.ini file changes:
- Enable MySQL extension in php.ini by removing the semi-colon before the line
- Change the value of post_max_size and upload_max_filesize to 200Mb
- If STRICT mode is On, turn it Off.
- Restart Apache
When you are completed with verifying your prerequisites, follow the steps below to install Orangescrum.
The open source edition can be hosted on localhost, IP or a domain through a server.
1. Choose the package to download from the download page
2. Unzip and upload the package(orangescrum-master or orangescrum-master-php7 folder) to your webroot.
If you’re using a local system to install Orangescrum, then upload the download package to htdocs of your XAMPP folder.
3. Create DataBase
Open PHPmyadmin, then create Database for Orangescrum
4. Orangescrum Installation
Note: From your browser, navigate to the location of the Orangescrum folder on your server (http://yourdomain.com or http://yourdomain.com/foldername)
Follow the 7 steps below to start your Orangescrum installation
Step 1: Setup the database
- Name: Input the database name you have just created at section Create Database
- Host: Enter the host name or IP address. If your server is on the same host as your web server, enter localhost
Step 2: Configure the SMTP Server
*Note: In community edition v1.8 this step is not mandatory, however it is recommended as SMTP is needed for all email notifications.
Provide the below details
Step 3: Create the owner account
Provide below details here to login and start using Orangescrum.
- Company Name
- Email ID
* Note: If you’re unable to access the Sign up page, then follow the below steps.
- Open app/Config/core.php inside the Orangescrum Folder
- Change Configure::write(‘debug’,2) to Configure::write(‘debug’,0) or vice-versa
- Once the signup page appears, change the debug value to “0” and save it.
Step 4 : Post installation steps
Below are the configuration changes required in the app/config/constants.php file
- SMTP configuration
- For SMTP email sending, you can use (Only one at a time) either Gmail or Sendgrid or Mandrill. By default assuming that you are using Gmail, the SMTP configuration section is uncommented.
- If you are using Sendgrid or Mandrill, just comment out the Gmail section and uncomment the Sendgrid or Mandrill configuration section as per your requirement.
- Other configuration
- FROM_EMAIL_NOTIFY: All the task created/updated notification email will be sent from this Email ID
- SUPPORT_EMAIL: All other Emails and support related Emails will be sent from this Email ID
Step 5: Setting up Cron Jobs
This setup is important which will post your email reply in Orangescrum.
Common installation errors
- You may see an error like 4 Simple Steps to get started with Orangescrum
- Double check your database connection & credential
- Set it back to ‘utf8’ instead of ‘utf8_unicode_ci’ or vice versa
- Check the path of the Orangescrum Folder & make sure you have provided the same path in the constants.php inside the app/Config folder
- Check & make sure you have write permission (777 or 755) to app/tmp and app/webroot folders.
- Page break issue:
- If you see your css or sign up page is breaking, then it is either an htaccess or file permission Please check the htaccess whether it is properly working or not.
- If you’re unable to create Company after submitting all details in the sign up page, then it’s a MySQL Strict mode issue. Please refer this tutorial to fix the issue.
To install on various operating systems, you can follow the below links
Automated Installation Guide for PHP 7
How to Install Orangescrum on Windows
How to Install Orangescrum on Mac
How to install Orangescrum on CentOS
How to install Orangescrum on Godaddy
How to Install Orangescrum on NGINX
You are all set now and ready to begin interacting with Orangescrum features! Feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further assistance.